March 27, 2007

What a difference sleep can make!

Today has been a better day (so far). This is mainly due to the fact that (a) Mark did night duty and I got 7 hours of consecutive sleep, (b) my mom will be gone for 2 days and we desperately needed a break from each other, (c) I finally heard back from the UT School of Nursing and I am getting good feedback on the nanny hunt, and (d) Mark's massive case just settled today! He took the afternoon off and we had a good talk. I don't want to say all is well just yet, but we are on a better path.

Kate has been cluster-feeding like crazy today. The pedi said this might happen, and it definitely happened today! She is only eating an ounce or so and doing it every hour to hour and a half. Good grief! I hope this doesn't last long.

Random thoughts...you can never have too many bibs. Also, I heard back from a local nanny service and they charge $225 per night for a night nanny plus a 10% agency fee and taxes! I find it hard to believe that a nanny working 5 hours per night 5 days a week can make over $60,000 per year. So, I'm back hunting at UT School of Nursing.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hang in there and good luck with the ongoing nanny hunt.

60,000/year for 25 hours of work per week. Hmm. Maybe I should become a nanny - that's a heck of a lot more than I made a a teacher and babies ARE cuter than teenagers.

Kerry Lynn said...

I certainly didn't make that much being a nanny!!!!! I'd suggest craigslist. That's how I found all my jobs.