March 28, 2007

Cleaning House

I deleted my "It sucks being the Miranda" post because some people in my real life (ahem, actually it was just one person) can't handle reading about feelings on certain topic. Perhaps it hits a little too close to home for them, and more specifically they read into it what isn't there. [Ironically, the person it pissed off wasn't even the subject of that post.]

So, if you can't handle the reality of my situation and my feelings, don't read the blog. It's that simple. Most of the time lately, I feel that this blog is the only place for me to put down my thoughts and feelings while I am undergoing this major life change. I actually have to schedule in time during my day (or night) to post something on here, but I almost consider it therapy. I don't care if strangers read it or no one at all...I need a place that's just mine. Hardly anyone in my real life knows of this blog, and if they do find it...well...just be grateful I am not posting photos and names. :)

One of the best aspects of being so busy with infants is that you quickly learn how to prioritize what's important and what's not. It's been long overdue that I do some housecleaning (so to speak) in my life, and that's starting now.

Anyway, my mom is back in town, and the time apart was good. The babies are doing great and I actually managed to get in 3 hours of sleep last night. Carson did not have a "colic episode" last night, so now I am wondering if it was colic at all. Perhaps he just had an upset tummy for three nights in a row. Who knows.

We are having a get-together at our house this Saturday (my 30th birthday). It will be fun to show off the twins and see everyone. I wish our pool was warm enough to swim in, but that probably won't happen until late May.

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

Frankly, I don't think you should have deleted the post considering it isn't about them and it obviously upsets you that someone made you feel like you had to remove it.

I understand the frustration.

If you are going to blog about the frustrations in your life, there will be backlash. It can be over the most inane things you feel are harmless but freak others out. Hello, I've had hate mail from Amway fans for pete's sake.

I am not one of those "I will write whatever I want about whoever and not give a flip about their feeings".

I try very hard not to cross those lines and maintain privacy, but it is your life, blog and your experience.

Anyway, I like your blog and I don't think that you are unkind about anything (You were much too nice to the group of harpies that abandonded you when you were pregnant. Sorry, I'm STILL pissed on your behalf there.).