February 22, 2007

Bottle Feeding

For months my blog has been exclusively limited to my twin pregnancy, so this will be a brief change of topic...

Am I the only one who is just sick of and horrified at this whole Anna Nicole Smith legal stuff? I have never been a "fan" of Smith, but I feel sorry for her at this point...regardless of the cause of her death. This circus of a legal proceeding that's on every single cable news channel is an embarrassment to our justice system. As the wife of a lawyer, step-daughter of a state judge, and just generally as an intelligent citizen, this is ridiculous. The judge needs to be strung up. Her mother is disgusting and should be ashamed of herself. Stern seems like a class A free-loader. Birkhead looks to be the sane one, and most likely the father of the baby. I find it amusing that a probate judge is straying so far off the topic of who should make the decision as where to bury her that it's laughable. Anyway, bury the poor woman next to her son. She bought three extra plots next to him, and that shows intent to me. Also, as a Texan, I am tired of the pronunciation butchering of her hometown...Mexia...Ma-hay-uh.

At my incision appointment, I discovered that I have a very slight infection. So I am now cleaning the wound with some special solution, and will have it looked at again next Tuesday. No biggie. They all commented on how good I look now. I've lost 32 lbs in 9 days, and I really do feel back to normal.

Kate drank 4 cc from a nippled bottle today! Big milestone. She was able to suck, swallow and breath. This is a big test, and she passed with flying colors. It exhausted her, but she mastered it. She will continue with tube feeding, but I will be bottle feeding her more and more everyday. She will need to be able to suck down 40 cc in order to go home. Afterwards, I kangarooed her. Sweet baby. :)

I also kangarooed Carson. The entire time I held him he farted up a storm! This is a great thing since it was a massive build up of gas on his tummy that caused all the problems yesterday. He is so cute. He slept, smiled and farted the whole time. :)

I feel good today.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog this morning and had to comment. I too, am a mother of twins. I breast-feed them and it was a challenge. Reading some of your previous posts brought back memories. If you ever have any questions you can email me.