January 29, 2007

Soooo swollen!

I don't feel too hot. My hands, feet and ankles are swollen to the point of concern. Laying down helps, but the moment I get up -- even for a short amount of time like going to the bathroom -- it comes back fast. Then I woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach. I ended up dry heaving which was extremely painful. I have felt the babies move all weekend, so a part of me is saying not to be concerned. The other part is telling me to call the OB anyway because I just don't feel right at all.

I have made it 30 weeks without having the swelling issue. Now it's arrived in a big way. I can barely even make a fist with my hands. My feet look like clubbed feet. Hubby is completely grossed out by all of it. Oh, and the other strange part is how my thighs, calves and feet look slightly pinkish. Almost as if they are slightly sunburned -- which, of course, they aren't. I will probably call the doc anyway just so they can tell me this is normal and ease my mind.

Otherwise, my weekend was pretty low key. We stayed at home and relaxed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hope you've already called your OB -- sudden swelling like you're describing can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia. Hope all is well!