January 25, 2007

OB Appointment: 29 weeks, 6 days

This is going to be short and sweet because I am so exhausted I can barely see straight.

The twins are doing great...heartbeats, amnio fluid, movement, etc. They are pretty much stuck in the transverse position (and have been for about 2 months now), so I am guessing a c-section is in my future. My blood pressure was good (118/72). I was shocked at my weight gain! I have gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks for a grand total of 42 lbs. Holy shit! I couldn't believe it, and I am trying desperately not to be vain and get depressed about it. I could tell my doc was trying to mentally prepare me for the reality that I may not make my big 36 week goal. The babies are out of room and will be calling the shots. This was very upsetting to me because I witnessed what my cousin went through with her twins that were born at 32-33 weeks....3 weeks in the NICU and other problems. I tend to be very goal oriented, and I am afraid I will feel like a huge failure if I can't hold them to 36 weeks.

He didn't actually say the words "bed rest," but essentially he did. So I will be spending more and more time horizontal. He wants to see me every week from now on.

I see my peri doc next week for the good ultrasound. They will measure the babies then.

No comments: