January 29, 2007

Quick Update

I ended up going in to see my OB late this morning with Hubby. After waiting over an hour, I finally saw him. My blood pressure was good (124/83). They did a quick ultrasound and the twins looked good (still transverse, and still laying with their heads next to each other). So they did some blood work. He wants to make sure my kidneys and pancreas are working as they should. The kidney issue is always a source of concern in a diabetic pregnancy (and especially a twin pregnancy). [Do you remember what happened to Julia Robert's character in "Steel Magnolias?"] We should have those results back tomorrow. He also suspects I have a mild viral stomach bug which would explain the upset tummy feeling.

Bottomline: He is putting me on full-time bed rest until we know what's going on.

No comments: