May 1, 2007

I Heart My Nanny

I vow right here and now to never talk smack about my nanny again. The woman is a miracle worker and -- more importantly -- I NEED her! God Bless Nanny Mary!

I don't need anti-depressants. I need sleep!

Nanny Mary came over at 9 AM and stayed until 3 PM. I slept from 9 AM until 1 PM, and then took an hour drive just to get some fresh hair. I feel like a new person. I feel like my old self again.

I don't know what she does to them, but every time she comes they are good the rest of the day for me. We talked a lot about putting them on a schedule and stretching out the time between feedings. I am also going to have her come an extra day during the week, and extending some of her normal time here.

Bottom line: I don't care what she costs anymore because my health, my sanity, and my marriage are worth a lot more than $15 per hour.

I just thought I would post something positive for a change. I know some of you were worried I was about to drop the twins off at the nearest fire station or something. :)

Oh -- brace yourself -- Kate slept from 7:45 PM to 2 AM last night!! She got up at 2 AM, I fed her, she went right back to bed. I couldn't believe it! I hope it wasn't a fluke.

4 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

They are around the age where sleeping longer is normal. I am so flippin glad that you got some rest.

I wasn't worried you wouldn't take care of the twins, I was more worried you would start drooling out the side of your mouth and mumbling incoherent sentences due to exhaustion and stress!

Stacie said...

My post-partum doula was the best thing that ever happened to me (other than the kids themselves, of course.)

I was wondering if you would be interested in participating in the Multiple Mom Movie Madness thing I have going on: http://twinkies.bastetweb.com/2007/04/09/multiple-mom-movie-madness/

Shannon said...

Yes, you are right...I would have never abandoned the twins at a firestation. However, my mom and I joke that we should take Miss Kate to a high school health class during one of her fussy spells. I suppose to show the kids that having a baby isn't always easy or fun. (Isn't that just horrible?! Using Kate to teach safe sex. *Cringe*)

Actually I feel bad for little Kate, she has gotten such a bad reputation. I think this is all just a phase she is going through due to her preemie-ness. I hold out hope that she will grow our of it and be a sweet little girl. She definitely sleeps longer than her twin brother.

Dawn Oglesby said...

Dude. Apparently my thinking that Gage was going to start sleeping was a fluke. He's right back to being a ca-ca head. However, Kate probably is at the age now where she'll start doing it. Yeah for Nanny Mary as well. You'll be fine as long as you get some sleep a few times a week. Crazy this is how we live now, huh? Surely it gets better. People do this more than once. Lots of them. With less education and money. And they LIVE.