March 19, 2007

Random stuff from a sleepless night (and day)

We had a ROUGH night. Both twins were up screaming for no apparent reason. Carson did seem to have a tummy issue as he was farting all night and I could hear and feel his tummy making sounds. Then again...I have no idea what the hell I am talking about. This is all trial-and-error. New Mom stuff. The only way I could get Kate to sleep last night was to let her sleep on my chest while I napped on the sofa. This is NOT a habit I want to get into with her, but I was desperate after 3 hours. I like having my mom here (and I don't know how I will manage when she leaves), but there are some drawbacks to having a menopausal woman in the house. She is freezing all of us out. I have the babies bundled as if we live up north, and it's driving us nuts. [By the way, we are not cold natured. I always tend to be hot too, but this is freaking ridiculous!]

Kate peed on me this afternoon during a diaper change. I didn't know a baby girl could get that kind of mid-air arch, but she could!

Finding Pampers Swaddlers PREEMIE sized diapers is becoming a challenge. At the baby showers folks stocked me up with massive sized diapers, and finding preemie stuff is not as easy as you would think.

Carson's crying...

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

You will be sad when you get to the stage when you are paying the same amount for a quarter the amount of diapers. :(

Your babies are early, so I bet their digestive systems are just freaking out on them.

My last boy was 3 weeks early. Even though he weighed 8 lbs, he had such tummy trouble. I adore symenthicone drops to get rid of gas. It is a lifesaver.

Anonymous said...

Very impressed at arch of pee. I hope you can get some good rest.

Dawn Oglesby said...

Almost positive that I saw Preemie size at Wal-mart on 620.