March 11, 2007

Could it be true!? Freedom?!

I am trying so hard to contain my excitement because nothing is official yet, but...

I had two nurses (one being a nurse practitioner in charge of discharging babies) this afternoon that the neo doc was going to talk to me tomorrow about discharging the twins THIS WEEK!!!!

If this is true, there is so much I need to get done. I need to schedule the OB (who I think is on Spring Break with his kiddos) to do Carson's circumcision, I need to sign up for Mark and I to room-in, I need to get all of the last minute stuff done (installing car seats, sterilizing the bottles, laundry, etc.). What makes all of this even more crazy is that Mark will be out-of-town on business Monday (tomorrow) through Wednesday, and then again the following Monday. My mom is trying to clear her schedule at work so she can come up from Houston to help me while he is gone.

I am so excited and basically running around like a chicken without its head. Is it possible to be experiencing nesting a full month after delivery?!

Anyway, Kate has hit 4 lbs today!! I can't believe it. She gained a pound in a little over a week, and she is now in a bassinet like Carson. They moved her into the new bed this morning. They both continue to feed well and everything with both of them is excellent. I couldn't be happier!

I will be truly shocked if their neo doc sets them free this week. He tends to be a nervous Nelly, but it gives me some hope since I heard from the discharge nurse.

No comments: