February 13, 2007

Kate & Carson are here

Meeting my daughter

Katherine Bailey "Kate" was born on February 12, 2007 at 1:54 PM in Austin, TX. She weighed 2 lbs, 11 oz and is 16 1/2 inches long. She may be tiny, but she is feisty! Kate is already eating from a nippled bottle and requires no assistance or oxygen in breathing.

Carson Patrick was born at 1:56 PM. He weighed 4 lbs, 4 oz and is 17 1/4 inches long. He looks like his mommy's side of the family, and he is needing some help with his breathing. Overall he is doing great.

They both scored a 9 on the Apgar Test.

The c-section was super easy, but I am really having a horrible recovery. I will post more on this once I am able to physically sit up long enough to do so. I thought I was prepared for the NICU experience but I wasn't.

I am so in love with my new babies, but times are tough right now for everyone. I will post more when I can. Here are some photos in the mean time.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations, Shannon! Kate and Carson are absoulutely beautiful. Best of luck getting everybody home as soon as possible. :) And don't forget to take good care of yourself, too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope they continue to do well and that you have a speedy recovery. Yay for babies!