February 9, 2007

Sleepy Son @ Peri Doc's = Frustration

Nothing new was discovered at my peri doc's early this morning. They won't measure them since they did that on Tuesday. They will only do that once a week. They noticed on the ultrasound that Katherine was doing her practice breathing, but Carson was in snooze-ville and not doing them. So they hooked me up to a baby monitor in another room to try to catch him waking up. I had to lay in this weird, uncomfortable position for TWO HOURS...pressing the microphone thingie hard into my belly so we could get a loud recording of him. They were looking for accelerations in his heart rate and that would also indicate practice breathing. Nothing. Nada. He had a nice, strong heart beat. Always in the 140s, but he never accelerated. TWO freaking hours! They gave me a caffeine drink. Nothing happened. They gave me a stack of graham crackers to eat (since he tends to be a chow hound, we thought they may wake him up). Nothing happened. Hubby and I talked to him, tried to get him to wake up. Nothing happened.

Then they threw out that horrible, dreaded word....HOSPITAL. I did some sweet talking and managed to convince them to let me go home and have a nice hearty lunch and then return at 12:30 to try again.

My gut tells me Carson is just fine. He is just sleeping and doesn't want to perform on command like a dancing bear. But I will be highly irritated if I end up in the hospital over a napping baby. He was doing his practice breathing yesterday at the OB's. He did them at the hospital last week. Come on little boy...dance for us! :)

I will update later on the situation with my sleepy son...hopefully not from a hospital room!

No comments: