January 2, 2007

Welcome '007

And another year has arrived. And another New Year's was a dud. Once upon a time, this was my favorite holiday of the year. I loved the sense that a new year brought in a clean slate. Anything was possible. I have had some great New Year memories with friends. This year, like the past few, rang in with little to no fan fare in my household. Hubby and I went to a nice steakhouse for an early dinner. When we got home, he went to bed at 7:30 PM with a headache. I settled in on the sofa to watch a Law & Order marathon on TNT. As midnight approached, I switched over to one of the countdown shows in Times Square. By 12:05 AM I was back watching Law & Order. B-o-r-i-n-g.

This is going to be a big year for me. I will be turning 30 in March. I will become a mother (times two!) for the first time in March (or possibly February) as well. We will be buying a new house this summer.

Hubby returned to work after having about a week and half off. He will also be back to travelling a lot again. He will pretty much only be home on the weekends in January! Who would have guessed that a lawyer would travel so much.

No comments: