January 9, 2007

Contractions? Round Ligament Pain? Cramps?

I had another semi-rough night. I honestly don't know what I am feeling...sometimes it feels crampy...sometimes it feels like contractions...sometimes it's a dull aching/pulling feeling. It was that dull aching and pulling feeling that I had last night. The pain was located extremely low on my belly and towards the center. I am thinking that it's the infamous round ligament pain that I've read about. Perhaps, it's just the feeling of my uterus being stretched to the max that is keeping up at night. Whatever it is, it's keeping me on full alert and making it even more difficult to get a good night's rest. I also had a lot of baby movement which added to an already sore situation.

I have an appointment to see my OB on Thursday morning and I will definitely be asking about this. I hope he takes a look at my cervix just to give me some peace of mind that nothing has started happening yet. He hasn't done a pelvic exam since my first appointment with him at 8 weeks...though I hear that's normal.

Hubby left for yet another business trip at 5 AM yesterday morning. I hate that he is gone, but after this week's trip things will slow down a bit for him. I am sure I must sounds horribly clingy since I talk about his business trips so often lately, but when I am laying in bed having contractions (or whatever it is) in the middle of the night all alone it adds to the scariness factor. If something were to happen, my mom is 250 miles away and Hubby is hours away by plane. Plus, he has a way of comforting me and calming me down.

Anyway, I am venturing out of the house for a bit today. I need to drop off some dry cleaning and return some wall lettering at the baby store.

Check out this funny little video about fighting fetuses.

1 comment:

seattlegal said...

I thought that video was pretty funny too (my husband didn't).

I've never heard of round ligament pain, but having contractions this early has got to be so scary!