December 20, 2006

Restless Night Without Hubby

It's remarkable how comfortable we humans get to routine. Hubby has been out-of-town on business since Monday, and I have yet to get a good night's sleep since he has been gone. I remember when we first started living together -- 2 years before we got married -- I had such a hard time sleeping good with him there. Fast forward 5+ years and I toss and turn all night when he isn't there. Before I was pregnant, this wouldn't have been a big problem, but now I feel like a wreck if I don't get deep sleep. Anyway, he is returning on Friday morning and then my mom is coming in from Houston to spend Christmas with us since I can no longer travel.

Ugh, that reminds me...I MUST finish my Christmas shopping today. This has been such a lazy holiday season for me. My mom wants two car seat bases for her car for when the twins visit her, and the in-laws are just getting gift certificates. I feel guilty about my gift-buying this year, but I honestly can't physically shop like I used to. My feet and ankles swell, my lower back hurts, and my energy level is wiped out. But I still feel like 'Hey! I'm pregnant with twins!' isn't a good enough reason for all of this laziness.

Speaking of the pregnancy, I am currently 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. On one hand I am proud to be so far along and grateful that these 24 weeks have essentially flown by, but then I am reminded that my ultimate goal is to hold these babies in until 36 weeks. That's another 12 weeks (or 3 months) to go!

No comments: