December 26, 2006

Our Last Lonely Christmas

This was a very strange Christmas this year. For the first time in memory, we spent Christmas alone...not with family, not travelling to see family. It really did not even feel like Christmas.

There was also a strong sense that this is the end of an era for us. This was our last Christmas alone for -- well -- forever. We decided to make a traditional meal, even though it was just for us. Hubby made his first attempt at turkey...which turned out pretty good. I cooked all of the traditional side dishes...which are always good. It's funny how it takes hours to cook a meal like that and then about 10-12 minutes to eat a plate of it and feel miserably full. We cooked enough food for 6 people (we've never mastered the art of just cooking for two), and have leftovers to last us for a good while.

Honestly, I am glad this was our last Chirstmas like this. Next year we will be surrounded by family, stockings, lights, a Christmas tree, tons of pretty packages, but most importantly...our twins. I am getting more and more emotional when I think about our babies lately. I am so ready to meet them, see what they look like, and get a sense of who they are.

On a related topic, I have a week and half left until I start my third trimester! I wish I could get into a magic time machine and fast forward time to February 15th...that's when the countdown really begins!

No comments: