December 28, 2006

I am fresh out of clever titles today

My stupid glucose numbers are out-of-whack again. They have been so good and stable for months now -- thanks to 4 shots of insulin per day -- but now that my third trimester is a week away, they are nuts again. So I was on the phone to one of my many nurses this evening, discussing all of this and making adjustments to my insulin levels. Basically, the third trimester is the hardest for diabetics and we will need to increase my insulin a lot every week.

Ugh, I will be glad when that part of this journey is over. I don't mind the injections. They honestly do not hurt at all, but I HATE the blood testing.

I also put in a call to my OB's nurse. I have been feeling this strange "popping" feeling down low on my belly. I really can't describe it. At first it felt like gas bubbles/pain, but not really. It didn't feel like baby movement either. She told me it sounded exactly like "Twin A" (i.e., the girl) had the hiccups! I guess that's good news...sounds like her little lungs are starting to get ready for some practice.

I got out and went to two stores today, and then went on a little drive around town. It was nice to have the windows down and the radio turned up. It felt like freedom.

I guess the only thing else I have to report is getting a random email from a long-lost distant cousin on my dad's side of the family. I have heard of this cousin before, and it was nice hearing about his life and how he had heard about the twins. More about this as it develops.

No comments: