December 24, 2006

Ho-Ho-Hum



I woke up this morning to the aromas of my hubby's famous breakfast -- omelet with mushrooms and smoked cheese, bacon, biscuits, sausage, etc. He made a fest for me and mom before she headed off to San Antonio. It has been incredibly chilly and rainy. Perfect for napping in front of the fireplace....which I did a good deal of yesterday.


I was a bit sad to see my mom leave so early this morning. I did not get to spend much time with her (she was here a day and a half), and we really did not do much of anything. She likes to "pet" my belly and talk about the twins as if they are already here. We talked about my fears about birth and wondered what they twins would look like. She reminded me about how much fun next Christmas will be with 9 month old babies and all the fun times that are literally just a few months away. She also told me how proud she is of me -- that I've handled this high-risk pregnancy amazingly well, surprising even my doctors, and she's never heard me really complain about it. I guess that comes from wanting something so badly for years and finally getting it.


The night before I gave Hubby the new golf clubs he wanted so badly. So, he went out and braved all the crazy last-minute shoppers looking for a new golf bag and driver. He was as giddy as a kid! I think I might be half crazy to be giving him new golf clubs a few months before we have infant twins to take care of, but he really wanted them.


We had plans to go out to eat last night, but due to the nasty "perfect-for-getting-sick-in" weather, we opted to cook steaks, baked potatoes and green beans here at the house.


Photos: The only Christmas decoration we did this year...a pathetic little table tree. Mom added the twins' Christmas bears. The second photo is of Hubby's new golf clubs.

No comments: