December 21, 2006

10 Things I Want for Christmas

You should be able to tell how utterly bored I am when I just sit around and fill out meme after meme...

  1. New House Slippers. I know it's not a sexy request, but I love the ones I have had since last Christmas and it's time for some new ones. Plus, it would be good to have in the hospital when the twins decide to make their debut.
  2. Fudge. As a diabetic, I literally fantasize about this. I just want one single piece of homemade fudge to melt in my mouth. Just one!
  3. High-Quality, Professional Camera. I have a pretty good digital camera, but I want something fancy. When I was in high school and college, I was really into photography (I pretty much had to be since I was majoring in journalism and often had to shoot my own stories.), but I haven't had a good camera to do such work anymore. Hubby also loves photography, so I think he will be all for getting a new camera.
  4. Books. I love books and always have. I need some new books to occupy my time while I am on the 2-months of bed rest. It might be the last time in my life I actually have the leisure time to just read.
  5. Bigger Car. We bought a new car -- a Nissan Altima -- back in May. That was 3-months before we knew we were going from a family of two to a family of four (plus two dogs). We seriously need some kind of SUV-type monster to haul our new crew around in.
  6. Bigger House. Car? House? I know this is asking an awful lot for Christmas, but we really do need a bigger house. We had outgrown our place before we knew we had twins coming. Now it's almost mandatory. We will probably start looking this summer once the twins are a bit older.
  7. Bling. I joke with Hubby that I have earned some diamonds out of this twin pregnancy adventure. This obviously isn't something I need in any way, but it will interesting to see if he's listening. He has never been a jewelry-giving type of husband.
  8. Massively Huge Sweater(s). We are experiencing a pretty chilly winter for Austin, and it's damn near impossible to find over-sized warm sweaters that will fit over my big belly. Maternity clothes just aren't cutting it anymore, and the maternity stores down in the South rarely carry any warm clothes.
  9. Good Vacuum Cleaner. I swear I go through a crappy one a year...thanks to having two shedding dogs. I need to just buy a high-quality one that will last forever.
  10. Flannel Sheets. I just love them.

No comments: