May 31, 2006

Back from DC

Well, I am finally back from DC, and we had a blast! It was balls-to-the-wall from the moment we stepped off the plane. Here’s the run-down:

DAY 1
White House
Lincoln Memorial
Washington Monument
World War II Memorial (daytime)
Vietnam War Memorial (daytime)
Korean War Memorial
Most of the Foggy Bottom & George Washington University area when we got lost walking.

DAY 2
Capitol
FBI Building
Ford’s Theatre
Chinatown
Watergate
Supreme Court
House & Senate Buildings
Arlington National Cemetery (daytime)
Ritz Carlton Hotel (Room 1012…the infamous Monica Lewinsky room)

DAY 3
Smithsonian (American History, Air & Space)
Night tour of the monuments (FDR, WWII, Vietnam, Jefferson, Arlington)

DAY 4
Pentagon
National Cathedral
National Archives (Bill of Rights, Constitution, Magna Carta, Declaration of Independence)
The house & “death” stairs where The Exorcist was filmed in Georgetown
John & Jackie Kennedy’s Georgetown house

I will post a more detailed accounting of our trip with more photos and some of my observed ridiculousness, but for now I need to head to bed. I have been slammed with work since I returned.

No comments: