May 16, 2007

Moving, Ugh

We are closing on our house today (finally!), and then the work begins. The big move is on Friday, but we are spending the next two days painting and having some work done, etc. Man I hate moving! Anyway, I will be away from the blogosphere for a little bit, but here's a ultra quick update...

  • The kiddos did okay at their first day of day care on Monday. They were there from 10 AM to 2:30 PM. Honestly, I hated it the entire time. I had Mark's assistant check on them frequently and email me updates. ("Carson was crying, but now he is fine....They are both sleeping...Kate ate 3 ounces, etc.") I am sure she finds this very annoying. I don't know what I think of all of this. The point of day care was so I could relax and get some stuff done. Instead, I worried and thought about them the whole time. They will be going back on Thursday so we can work on the new house.
  • Mom's coming back to town on Thursday evening to watch the twins during the big move. I wish she would just retire already. :)
  • The twins bought me (via my mother) a beautiful silver "mom" bracelet. Mark brought me white tulips (sentimental reasons behind that) and wrote me a sweet letter. The best Mother's Day gift, however, was my mom watching the twins while Mark and I went out to dinner Saturday night. Of course, we talked about the twins the entire time. I hope that changes one day. I miss non-twin conversation. Afterwards, we cuddled in bed and watched SNL together. Laying in bed and watching TV without having one ear on the baby monitor is my new definition of heaven.
  • The twins are loving their Baby Einstein playmat thingie. They are all about reaching, grabbing and knocking things over right now. I swear Kate is on her way to rolling over! She gets so incredibly mad if something is slightly out of her reach that she does anything to get to it. I wonder where she gets that from?! Hmm... :)
Did I mention that I hate moving?...

3 comments:

Eva said...

Good luck with the move. I hope it's as painless as possible.

Daycare gets easier. Not necessarily easy, but easier. I have occasional moments at work when I'm not thinking about them. and I worry about them less now that they're used to it. I think better to get them going now and used to it, than to try to do it after they hit the age of separation and stranger anxiety.

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day!

Villagepig said...

not sure if you've already heard this but the best advice I got given re: moving was to pack a box with duplicate essentials and put it somewhere safe - to be taken across at the last minute. Last time we moved, we only finished late at night and we couldn't find the kettle, our toothbrushes or my hubby's bags (essential medical stuff). Fortunately we had packed this box ages before and bar the kettle it contained a spare of everything we needed.

I really hope that it goes smoothly!
Amy

Loralee Choate said...

Moving is one of the world's great evils. YUCK.

The mom's day sounds perfect, too.