March 14, 2007

Goodbye Sleep

Okay, ya'll, I'm freaking out just a tad tonight. Tonight is my LAST alone. Tomorrow night we do the rooming-in thing with the twins at the hospital, and then they are home with us after that. I have been running around preparing the house as if I was expecting house guests that I am trying to impress. (Hmm, do you think the twins will notice how nicely the guest bathroom hand towels are folded?)

I have been fighting and pushing like hell to get the twins out of NICU, and now that it's happening...umm, I have no idea what I am doing!

I know this must sound incredibly crazy, but I feel like I will officially become a mom on Thursday morning. Nevermind the fact that they were cut out of my body over a month ago or that I have been visiting them twice a day since that time. Thursday is when it happens.

Everyone has been telling me to go to bed early tonight because it's the last time I was sleep again. However, it 1:00 AM Wednesday morning and I can't sleep!

By the way, does anyone know how long I need to boil the bottles (sterilizing)? It's the last item of my list to do in the morning. Sheesh...you see what I mean? I don't know what I am doing. I don't even know how to sterilize the bottles. Oh, and what about the nipples and whatnot? Do I toss them in too?

4 comments:

Cass said...

I think you only need to boil for like 5 minutes - and yes, nipples too.

I just started reading and have been catching up. My b/g twins are 7.5 months old. I remember the night before my c-section I couldn't sleep, either, especially with the pressure of thinking it was my last chance.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats! Thanks for your comment on my blog at Fringes, and good luck with your new housemates!

fringes said...

I'm following you here from my blog, too. Thanks for the comment. Wow. What a big day is coming up.

Whatever you do, don't do what I did: boil the bottles, then stick them right back in the cabinet. My mom was like: what the hell?

Keep us posted!

Eva said...

Oh my goodness, is today the day? We've been busy transitioning to daycare and I haven't had time to read blogs and so much news on yours. I hope you are all well and I can't wait to see photos of everyone HOME.

We were in an out of town hospital for delivery and NICU so I couldn't get anything ready until we all came home (and I had previously been on modified bedrest). So our house was a DISASTER when we first left the NICU. It took time but eventually most things got put in the right places, and what didn't, well, we just deal. Thinking of all of you.