March 31, 2007

30-something....eek!


I was going to write a long, deep retrospective on my 20s, but who the hell has time for that?! So here are two photos taken today.

I had a good 30th birthday. I had some family and friends stop by...which was extra nice because they did most of the baby "maintenance" for the day. Then Mark and I went out for a very nice seafood dinner. We had planned to go see some stand-up comedy (one of our favorite things), but we were both just so exhausted after dinner that we blew it off and went home instead (further evidence that I'm getting old).

Perhaps I will write more about the ending on one era and the beginning of another one day when I have some free time...HA HA...as if that exists anymore.

Oh, and for the 6th year in a row (i.e., for as long as I've been with Mark), my mother-in-law has forgotten my birthday. No call, no card, no gift, nada. Reason #172 she is called the monster-in-law.

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I was freaked to turn 30, but I am liking my 30's better than my 20's.

It's all good.

yerdoingitwrong said...

Happy Birthday and AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Such precious pics.