February 20, 2007

Sleep Glorious Sleep

What a difference a good night's sleep can make! I feel like a new, re-energized person. I can't remember the last time I slept so hard, and I really needed it.

Hubby had a good visit with the babies last night. It felt strange not going with him, but I need to get used to this new schedule. They moved the twins to a new "bay" (NICU language) due to staffing needs. I'm not sure how I feel about that right now. We were finally starting to learn all of the nurse's names and schedules, and meeting the other families in our area. Plus, Katherine's bed was next to the window which was nice since the rest of the NICU looks like a dark cave. They also put Katherine in an incubator (i.e., clear plastic box). They told us days ago this would be happening and that it was a step-up since she has been improving so much, but it's scary looking. He said there were two large holes to stick your arms through, but she was no longer in the open air. We were told that being in "the box" would advance her growth because it's a cozy, warm, quiet space for her to just simply grow.

Hubby kangarooed Kate, and he said Carson was raising holy hell with the nurse. He didn't get a good look, but thought she was changing his diaper. For some reason, our babies don't like when other people touch them. They get very vocal!

Random thought...I had the strangest dream last night. I can't remember all of the details, but it had something to do with catching my mother-in-law putting some type of liquid in my Diet Sprite. When Hubby asked her about it, she confessed that it was fertility drugs and since we produce such pretty babies she wanted more grandchildren. I don't even want to start deconstructing that dream! I will just file it under the bizarre workings of my subconscious category. :)

1 comment:

Kerry Lynn said...

Hi Shannon,
You're totally entitled to your overwhelming emotions. Me being on bedrest and DH taking care of me is taking a toll on us which errupted last night in a massive fight, so I can only imagine what you're going through.
Sounds like your new schedule will be good for you though. good luck getting more milk! I hope it works out for you!!
I check your blog multiple times a day for updates :-)