January 11, 2007

Perfect Babies!

Whew! What a relief. My OB appointment went wonderfully and all of my concerns/fears have been relieved...for now.

First of all, I am doing very well. My blood pressure was 118/80 (perfect). I have gained a total of 34 lbs (perfect...according to them. Seems like a lot to me!). They took some blood to test my iron levels. They measured my uterus and said I was right on track.

The twins looked great too. They are still transverse (horizontal)...both of them. They still like to have their heads next to each other. In fact, he tried to get a photo of them like that because it looked like they were kissing -- even though they are in separate sacs. They had the perfect amount of amnio fluid, and their heart rates were exactly where they should be. And as usual, they were hyper little babies during the ultrasound. All and all, everyone is doing better than could be expected.

We had a long chat about these pre-term contractions. Yes, they are contractions he said, not round ligament pain. That occurs when I am moving and not when I am laying down and being still. He said to expect more of these scary episodes, that they will get more frequent and more intense as I progress closer to the finish line, and to get off my feet and stay well-hydrated. Hydration and rest were the keys to avoiding an early debut. Let's see...what else...oh, and he said I need to call the office if (a) my water breaks, (b) I have more than 6-8 contractions per hour, (c) I develop a fever over 102, or (d) I start to bleed.

I feel so much better. Hubby is flying home tonight, and my mom will be coming into town tomorrow morning for my baby shower on Saturday. This will be a good weekend!

1 comment:

seattlegal said...

Aww - that would have been a cute picture.

What do the pre-term contractions feel like? Maybe you described them in a prior post - I'll have to check.