January 22, 2007

Maid Time = Meme Time

While my twice-a-month housekeeper is here working her magic, I am stuck in my home office and have no other choice by to kill time with another self-absorbed meme.

What's your favorite comfort food?
Anything involving a potato...chips, mashed potatoes, potato soup, fries, potatoes au gratin, you name it. I can avoid the sweets, but love the carbs.

Do you snore? What about your bed-mate? What's your remedy to get them to stop snoring?
Before I was pregnant I never snored. Since becoming pregnant, Hubby says I sound like an old man. Hubby snores only if he rolls onto his back in the night. I usually push his arm and say, "Roll over." That does the trick and he stops.

Have you ever sent or received a piece of fan mail?
The only time I can remember sending anything that may be classified as fan mail was actually pretty recently. Jeff Bagwell, a long-time Houston Astros baseball player, announced his retirement a few months ago. I had met him a decade ago through my dad (who worked in professional baseball his entire life). So I just wrote him a letter congratulating him on such a long, successful career and wishing him all the best in the future. He wrote me back a nice letter thanking me for my kind words and expressing his sadness over my dad's death (he wasn't aware of it). As for me, I have received some nice thank you letters from clients over the years. I suppose that's considered fan mail.

If you could describe January 2007 so far in two words, what would they be?
Cold. Boring.

Do you write a diary as well as blogging? Have you ever been a diary writer?
No, I just have this blog. I have never been a diary writer...although I did have one in the 6th grade. It's funny to look at now and makes me wish I had been a diary writer through high school.

What is the least-deserved praise that you've ever been given?
I've always gotten a lot of compliments on my eyes, especially my eye color. Back in the day, as a joke, a friend and I put on some seriously whored-up eye make-up and had a photographer friend shoot some photos of my eyes. Without my knowledge, he submitted them to a "Best Eyes in Texas" contest. Amazingly, I came in second place and I used the money to pay for a semester of college. Anyway, I always thought compliments on my eyes were meaningless because that's just a genetic thing. I had nothing to do with it. It's not something I worked for.

What is the most meaningful compliment that you've ever gotten?
Anything involving my intelligence, work ethic or generosity.

When did you love the most?
I would say right now. My love for my husband has grown and evolved during this pregnancy. I feel I am in a big transformation period right now. For the first time in my life, I love something more than myself...I love my babies. I can only imagine how all-encompassing it will become once they are born.

Are you more likely to yell or give the silent treatment?
Yell. The silent treatment is more like punishing myself.

What are you five most visited stores?
H.E.B. (grocery store), Target, Babies R Us, Half Price Books (I love all bookstores), & Office Max

Is there any store you absolutely hate going to?
I hate grocery shopping and I don't like Wal-Mart. It's always a busy zoo there.

Do you prefer to shop in person or online?
In person. I need the instant gratification and I don't like waiting for packages to arrive.

When was the last time you went on a date?
May 16, 2001...that was my first date with future hubby. It was all over with after that.

Do you think the child you were would like the adult you've become?
In some ways yes, and in some ways no. I was a very idealistic, passionate teenager. I wanted to be a ball-busting, take-no-prisoners journalist. I got my degree in journalism and worked as a reporter for a few years...and hated it. Then I got into real estate primarily for the money. I think the child I was would consider that selling-out. But overall my life, my lifestyle, my pre-pregnant career, my husband, my soon-to-be family are all wonderful and better than I could have imagined as a child.

No comments: