January 10, 2007

Another Day in the Life of...

Ugh. Another night of sleep denied! I think it's some combination of Hubby being away on business and my sleep schedule gradually getting turned around. I am napping a good chunk of the day, and therefore have a hard time sleeping at night. Although, this isn't the case when Hubby is home.

I don't think I have mentioned this before, but I have been experiencing this strange "loose hip" feeling. It feels like my thigh bone has slightly popped out of joint with my pelvic bone. It doesn't hurt, but I have to hobble around until it gradually goes back to normal. I think it's from all of this sleeping on my side business. I have always been a stomach sleeper, so that's one of the things I am looking forward to getting to do again once the twins are born. I have actually had dreams about that, and that can't possibly be normal!

I want to encourage all of the pregnant-with-twins (or more) ladies out there to watch the National Geographic channel this Sunday night. They will be showing In the Womb: Multiples. This Sunday's episode will focus on twins, but they have other shows on triplets and quads. I have a feeling they will be focusing primarily on identical twins because they are definitely more interesting from a scientific view. Anyway, I am looking forward to it. In so many of my ultrasounds over the past few months, the doc has gotten a chuckle out of the fact that my twins usually position themselves with their heads close together. After watching the previews and ads for the In the Womb special, I am starting to wonder if they have been playing, communicating, or just simply bonding with each other.

Upon first learning I was carrying boy/girl twins, I had some sort of notion that they would be less "twin-like"...less emotional dependence on each other. That was until I spent an afternoon hanging out with a friend-of-a-friend who had 15 month old boy/girl twins. She told me about how they used to cuddle in the crib together, and how even now that they have their own bed and separate bedrooms they will still sneak into each other's room and cuddle together at night. She told me about they hold hands when watching a movie. They get upset if their twin takes a fall and gets a minor injury. Even though they have different personalities and different looks, they still have this amazing bond. A friend for life...more than just a sibling.

I picked up my mom's birthday gift this afternoon, and it is soooo cute! It's a aqua & chocolate brown diaper bag with all kinds of stuff inside (traveling changing pad, bottle warmer, etc). On the outside I have the twins' names monogrammed and on the opposite side it says "Granny's Bag." It came out better than I had hoped, and now my mom will have a bag to keep at her house for the twins' visits. I also bought a pair of fancy white panties/bloomers with my daughter's name monogrammed on the butt. It will be cute in pictures. I think I am starting to go over-board with monogramming, but I just love this little store. I will try to post some photos of it all tomorrow.

On a side and completely random note, my "bad" dog Maggie got into the pantry and managed to get into a new jar of peanut butter while I was napping this morning. She made a royal mess! Aside from having to clean up the kitchen floor, I also had to clean her down. Maggie has definitely become my nightmare child lately. I need a doggie shrink!

I finally get to see my OB tomorrow morning! Very excited.

No comments: