December 23, 2006

Low-Key Visit with Mom

Mom came into town yesterday at noon. We have had a nice, peaceful visit. Usually she runs me all over town (have I mentioned she's a shopoholic?), but I think it's finally setting in that I am just too big and pregnant for that kind of activity right now.

Yesterday evening, me, mom, and Hubby went up to Leander (a northern 'burb of Austin) to visit with my aunt, uncle, cousin and cousin's twin babies. We had dinner and I got to spend a lot of time holding, feeding and talking to the babies. Despite all accounts I've heard to the contrary, the babies were sweet and quiet. Absolute doll babies! I could literally feel my maternal instincts coming out. I think I will look forward to when my twins are about 3-months old -- not so fragile.

This morning Hubby decided to give me my Christmas gift early...a stunning 3-stone diamond necklace. One stone for him and each of the twins. I could tell he was a bit nervous giving it to me or that he thought I had figured out I was getting it. Anyway, it's beautiful! I will have it forever and one day give it to our daughter.

Anyway, I think we are going out for dinner tonight, and then mom is headed to San Antonio in the morning to pick up my Papa. Then they are off to Houston for Christmas with the extended family. My mother-in-law called and told me she won't be coming next week to visit. I will post about that later.

There's all kinds of talk of a possible "white-ish" Christmas here in Austin! I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments: