December 19, 2006

Bullets of Randomness

* I feel horrible for the families of those missing Mt. Hood climbers, but isn't this the risk you take when you participate in extreme sports of this nature? I am rather amazed that with all of our modern technology we don't have some sort of tracking device that could be worn by climbers just in case they find themselves in such a situation.

* Justin Timberlake's SNL "Dick in a Box" skit has left me laughing for days now. I personally like how they went with a Color Me Bad look for the skit.

* Am I the only chick that doesn't think Matthew McConaughey is worthy of the title Sexiest Man Alive? The last time I think he looked good was a decade ago in "A Time to Kill." He looks awesome from the neck down, heading north he looks spent.

* I still have not done any Christmas shopping! I usually spend a lot of time looking and buying the perfect gifts for folks, but this year I am just physically not up for the task. I'm afraid this year will be all about gift certificates.

* I have 12 weeks or less left in my twin pregnancy. I will be so ready to pop them out by then. I am truly starting to get physically uncomfortable.

* I can't believe we have an Aggie running the war now.

* Last Saturday night, hubby and I went down to the campus and watched the Dallas Cowboys game at Posse East. (The Cowboys game was only being shown on the NFL network, and that's hard to find.) Posse East is a place we have been to a few times over the years, and it was hubby's law school hang-out back in the early 90s. What most struck me, however, is that today's college kids look so damn young! Perhaps this is a sign of the times for me. For more than a decade I would see college students and think they essentially look like me. That's not the case anymore. They look like babies...so fresh faced, so small, and so determined to look hip. My college years were spent in the immediate aftermath of the grunge era. When we hung out at our local dive, we literally just threw on what ever was clean. Anyway, time marches on and time waits for no one.

No comments: