July 9, 2006

GGGOOOAAALLL!!!!!!!

Alright, I have to confess that I fell deeply, madly in love this past month! ...with watching the World Cup! Trust me, this comes has a huge shock to me too. In the past I swore off soccer for three main reasons: (1) too low scoring, therefore boring; (2) the offsides rule is stupid and relates back to reason #1; and (3) it made my knees hurt just watching it.

As a kid, like most American kids, I played soccer. In 8th and 9th grades I also played indoor soccer -- which was a blast. That's when I blew out my left knee. I mean I completely blew it out. After reconstructive surgery and almost a year of physical therapy, I was done with soccer!

Anyway, hubby got me sucked back into it during this World Cup. I religiously watched it and found myself cheering for the countries of my ancestors. (Haha...well, it's not like America had a snowball's chance hell!) Great fun. Hubby and I made a vow that we would do everything possible to try to attend the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Other than watching the Finals, I had a nice low-key weekend...house cleaning, laundry, swimming, laying by the pool, out to nice downtown seafood joint, Asian food tonight, work...the usual.

PHOTO: This is Fabio Cannavaro -- the stud Italian soccer player. One word: YUM. This guy makes David Beckham look like he was hit with an ugly stick.

No comments: