April 19, 2007

Update & Whatnot

I have had a rough few days with the twins this week. It's becoming very difficult to put them back to sleep...especially Kate. She pretty much wants to be held at all times. I am utterly exhausted. As far as sheer exhaustion goes, this has been the worst week yet since they've been home.

My mom is coming to pick me and the twins up on Saturday, and we will be in Houston all of next week. On the one hand I am looking forward to it because I will be able to show off the twins to all of our Houston folks, Mom will be a big help with the twins, and I need a change of scenery. But I am concerned about how well the twins will do in a new environment. I am also afraid I will forget to pack something crucial since I've become so non-functional lately.

We made an offer and two counteroffers on a house we really life. After being on the market for 67 days with no offers, the house we like is now in a mini bidding war. I truly don't need this kind of stress. We made our final offer, and at this point I don't care if it's accepted or not. I like the property, but not enough to get into a game of chicken with these folks. All of this just makes me miss work even more. I miss my old world of real estate. I will definitely be returning in August or September.

Mom-to-Mom...When can we start adding a little bit of rice at nighttime?

4 comments:

Eva said...

Sorry for the rough patch. It's hard for me to calculate corrected age etc., but I'm guessing you're probably around the maximum newborn fussiness period. It definitely gets easier!

I don't want to sound preachy, but I wouldn't rush on adding rice cereal. I know anectdotally lots of parents say it helps, but the real research says that it doesn't make a difference (perhaps people start using it around the time that sleep coincidentally improves?). and introducing solids too early can relate to food allergies. Of course, my recent experience of pairing rice cereal with projectile vomiting makes me rather biased, but it is a mom-to-mom experience!

Also, when S & J were about 3 1/2 months old, we went to my in laws for Xmas. I was really worried about sleep and fussiness, but actually, the combination of increased adult attention and novelty led to some relatively easy days, and better sleep at night. I hope you have a similar experience.

Kerry Lynn said...

I've also heard that adding rice too early can lead to diabetes. As eva said, not to sound preachy...it's just what I read.

Stacie said...

Food at night hasn't helped our sleep issues. I know that isn't what you want to hear. Sorry.

Villagepig said...

Nope, food at night didn't help the sleep issue at all, but routine did (and I know that is the worst word to hear but once you get yours going you'll see what I mean :-))

A